August 22, 2008

Our Family was Blessed











It was a long stay in HCMC, a hot and muggy stay (not a great place for people with naturally curly hair), but finally on the 20th day there, we received THE PHONE CALL, be down in the lobby in 15 minutes. Amazingly we got all three of us dressed and down in 10 minutes and looking good if I have to say so myself. The taxi ride seemed long until I watched my daughter begin to sign papers, and more papers, then it seemed to be in slow motion, next we all went in a little room and I recorded the Official Giving and Receiving ceremony. It was beautiful and now in everyone's eyes that precious baby is My Granddaughter! I gave both Lil Orchid and her Mama each a Jade bracelet I had bought earlier in the week there, in honor of this Special Forever Family Day. We traveled back to the hotel in the rain but that didn't dampen the Spirit of our Celebration. We ordered pizza, laughed and took pictures ! Little did we know that at that time our trip would total 29 days before we set foot on US soil again. But I wouldn't change a thing. We are Blessed, I am Blessed !






We celebrated last year by having family pictures taken and had pizza for dinner. This year we were all together except for Uncle N (he did call on the phone) and we took pictures and had a great pizza for dinner. Check out the photos of our Forever Family Days...I can't believe its been two years!! What an incredible Journey!

1 comment:

JMCS said...

Congratulations to you and your daughter Monica. Lil' Orchid is so adorable. I was just showing my husband your blog and we both just think she is such a sweetie. Happy 2 years! Make that Happy 2 wonderful years! Our 1 year is coming up as well on 8/27. You have such a beautiful family.

Hugs,
Jonni