August 11, 2008

One Step Closer


Two years ago was our last 1 hour drive to the orphanage to visit my granddaughter. Two years ago I walked up those stairs to the infant room behind my daughter. Two years ago I could hardly see because my eyes were filled with Tears of Joy. Two years ago half way up those stairs my daughter turned around to me, her eyes filled with those same Tears of Joy. My heart was pounding so hard I thought I was having a heart attack, I could just imagine the emotions my daughter was feeling at that same moment. And then it happened the nannies placed Lil Orchid into my daughters arms. They released my granddaughter into my daughters care because she was still very ill. As soon as she had custody we rushed Lil Orchid to the International Hospital, where we returned to the hotel with eight different prescriptions and made the promise to return in two days. She was so fragile, so delicate, my first grandchild, my Lil Orchid.

Just Look at her NOW! (Sorry we're letting her bangs grow out, but I love this pic)

1 comment:

JMCS said...

What an amazing day. Congrats on 2 joyous years. I can feel the love that you and your daughter have for your Lil Orchid and she is just the most beautiful baby. She is truly a blessing. Thank you for letting me share in your joy.

hugs,
Jonni