August 26, 2008

It's All A Blur...

I'm talking about the weekend, My daughter and Lil Orchid and I decided to runaway..no, not really we just needed a well deserved get away. We had enough for gas, packed a box of food, and threw some clothes in a suitcase and took off for Nashville TN. We stopped first at Centennial Park and saw the Parthanon. My sister, her daughters family and my brother all leave there or near by. My great nephew was celebrating his 3rd birthday and the party was 4:30 pm Sat night. It was a good visit, got to talk with my sister and played with my nephew who is 6 months older than Lil Orchid. Cupcakes, games, swimming and lets not forget my sister put dinosaur tatoos on everyone. After the party my sister came back to the hotel and visited til 12:30am then returned and ate breakfast with us.
We left later than expected to drive south of Nashville to my brother's place but made goodtime. It was the first time he met Lil Orchid so it was a Special Visit. It didn't take long for her to melt that fake gruff exterior he keeps for everyone else. He also is gifted in wood working as I have said about most of my talented family (my sister back in the day, did the hand sewing , you know all the glitz and sparklies, on Country Music Award Show dresses and jackets for Porter Wagner, Dolly Parton, Barbara Mandrell) Oh sorry had to do a little bragging.
Anyway we headed back home Sunday afternoon, because Ye Ye and Great Gram (my mom and dad) was driving in and staying a few nights with us. They say its to visit us but we all know that its to see their Great Granddaughter Lil Orchid. It's okay I'm not jealous. So now it's back to building inventory for the Shop. Ye Ye and Great Great also brought up some of their woodburned creations. Don't forget to check out there Etsy Shop..I linked it to mine now. Just give me time to load it ;)
Here's some pic from the weekend....

1 comment:

JMCS said...

What a fun weekend and Lil' Orchid is so cute eating that cupcake. It sounds like you have one talented family my friend.

hugs,
Jonni