May 2, 2008

May Poles and May Day

Sorry, no May Poles or May Day stories it just came to mind because of yesterday being May 1st. Actually like everyones life its been crazy...work, car repair, mowing before the storm (again) and a disfunctional washing machine. So after waiting for the repairman AGAIN, and the piles of dirty laundry taller than my little orchid, we have no choice but to drag ourselves, the dirty clothes in a thunderstorm to the laundrymat. UGH! Thank goodness we only have to wash them there but lugging heavy wet clothes is not my idea of fun either. Still new to this area, wasn't even sure of any location but finally remembered passing a laundrymat on the way to work. From the outside it looked fine..even better no one there this early in the morn..should go fast...have our choice of washers...YUCK! Now we know why it was empty, I'll try to explain, no not really dirty..cause you can't really clean rust, and our choice of machines meant which ever one didn't have a "out of order" or "no hot water" sign posted. The attendent in the little store next to it said I'd have to get change from the change machine located inside the laundrymat, so he broke the twenty and gave me two tens. Your right the change machine only broke ones and fives. DUH So we survived and are now drying clothes at home. My daughter cracked me up though, jumping at every little thing waiting for MJ's little friend "Ben" to crawl out from behind some door. So she occupied herself with my granddaughters stuffed kitty cat while Lil' orchid and myself brunched on a banana nut bread muffin. Life's important lesson: Don't judge a book by it's cover. Normally meaning there is good on the inside but in this case it was the opposite. :)

No comments: