April 26, 2008

Lazy Saturday...what's that?

Didn't get to sleep in today, someone decided to wake Mee-maw first, so both of us decided to wake Mom-mom and start our day together. We're back to chilly weather due to a crazy thunder-hail storm last night. "Rain, Rain go away" is what my little orchid and I sang several times to drown out the thunder before finally falling asleep. Decided to do a little shopping at some yard sales..found some good buys, although my daughter was the winner on the best deal this time. Then cooked up lunch and sat together outside watching my granddaughter run to the far ends of the yard calling out "Blow, Mom" . Yes, she is now obsessed with dandylions and blowing them while the seedlings dance across the winds. It was really a special moment getting to share all of this with my daughter who has been working hard on the evening shift. It was great to hear her laugh and chuckle at how silly her little one can be these days.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Just found your blog. I cried when I read the meaning behind the name. So sweet. Give that little orchid a big hug from us....