May 15, 2008

Just a Little Bit Country














Took some vacation days this week, it was use or lose. So Tuesday, I mowed grass til it rained, played with Lil Orchid and did some sewing and other crafts. Inspired by upcoming Holidays and Summer. Wednesday, I rented roto-tiller (guy I called twice last month never showed) tilled part of new garden plot at the back of three acres until and partly during ....yes, you guessed it...a Thunder Shower. Did it really Surprise You? As my Lil Orchid sings almost 24 hrs "Rain, Rain, Go Away". Today, Thursday while the van was in the shop ($400.) BOO HOO! I worked in the garden with daughter and granddaughter... until it rained !! Of Course it did. However, we did set 72 Tomatoe plants, some peppers, spinach, cantalope, pumpkins, sweet corn. Now if it will only dry enough to finish planting cucumbers, squash, green beans and egg plant. I need SUNSHINE :)

No comments: