January 9, 2009

Dirndle Skirts









Playing around I decided to create a "Dirndle Skirt" for Lil Orchid. Not to be confused with a "dirndl" (German/Austria costume) peasant top with bodice vest and skirt.
No I'm talking about the full or gathered skirt of the 40's and 50's, some called it a circle or poodle skirt. Mine however is in different fabric printed panels, not solid prints.













I know online some people are selling Twirl Skirts that are in layered ruffles or flounces, similar but different in the fashion world.












Let me know whats your thoughts and views.

I may make a few to sell if the response is big. Thanks

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Those are adorable. What little girl doesn't need one of those?!

JMCS said...

I LOVE THEM! Please let me know if you design some. We would love to buy one! Oh please!!!!!!

Please give that sweet model of yours a big hug and kiss from us.

Hugs,
Jonni