January 22, 2009

dirndle skirts








Putting alot of time into sewing some Dirndle (circle) skirts to sell. Lil Orchid and I had cut out and matched fabric for alot of designs. I finally had to make my own pattern (cut out a paper bag) so my daughter could help cut out pieces for me. She is such a big help, I love it cause it makes for some good conversation for the three of us. Here are the first two completed, they are 11 (hearts)and 11 1/2 (asian print) inches long from the waistline.








If you are wandering what length you would need and only have straight rulers, use a piece of string for the length then lay it down and measure. You can do the same with a waist line measurement. (do not measure over clothing) It is not necessary to put a slip or can can underneath.
I'm not selling any crinoline/can cans with the skirts (sorry would be too expensive and time consuming to make)
but you can buy some on ebay or go to http://www.98dolly.com/
this is the site for those fluffy little dresses from Dollywood, TN

1 comment:

JMCS said...

Oh honey, I HAVE to buy one. Can you make one of the heart ones for me? Sofia is a 2T and I can measure her height tomorrow if that works for you. I LOVE THESE SKIRTS.

hugs,
Jonni