December 12, 2008

MamMaw, my tree's broke

We are finally getting the house in the Spirit of Christmas, with decorations that is. This is turning out to be an incredable month all because of the greatest Joy in our House. Lil Orchid is the perfect age and understanding for the season. We have watched the Christmas shows, meet Santa and are seeing the beautiful lights outdoors when we are driving. So I decided I would attempt on bring the tree down from storage even if it is in bits and pieces. Lil Orchid was so patient and stayed in the living room while I began to surround her with piles of branches from the tree. My last load I saw her sad little face and pouting lip and asked her what's the matter. She looked around and said MamMaw, my trees broke (through the eyes of a two year old). I tried not to chuckle and explained it wasn't broke but we had to built our tree first. She was so pleased when it was up and placed her two candy canes on the same limb while exclaiming, "Santa coming tonight".

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh no that doesn't sound good. Have fun at the party- sorry for the funeral.

JMCS said...

OMG, how cute is that top picture. What a little honey Lil Orchid is. I am so happy to see her all smiley again below the top picture, but my goodness that is one adorably cute face.

Hugs,
Jonni