September 11, 2008

Remembering - Past & Present


















To think back on this date makes my stomach get a little queasy. I had a Government job then and was working in a Large Government Bldg...we had no outside knowledge until relatives began calling in and updating the events that were unfolding, which seemed like each second. Then our building was put in a lock down since it was across from the largest police station, police academy and largest fire dept in the city. We also housed the Governments Maps Dept., along with CIA, FBI, Military offices, along with other high exposure departments in our building. We were told a prime TARGET. All I could think of was my children, my son, my daughter, my family. I thought it would never end, when would they release us to go home to our family. What a nightmare. I continue to pray for Peace.






Not realizing the date 9-11, Thursday had been set previously for visiting up north, we still decided that visiting the family farm was a great way to spend the day. Remembering the Past and celebrating our Future. Since they are getting ready to tear down alot of old building and barns on the Farm we chose to photograph Lil Orchid and Great Grandma C. Lil Orchid was wearing a purple gingham dress made by my mom, Great Gram Jean. Sorry I just didn't have ONE Favorite Photo from the day. After visiting the Farm we picked apples at the local Orchard. **Check out today and last years pics at the orchard! TOO CUTE?

No comments: