September 28, 2008

Amazing Customers and Friendly Vendors







Day Two, we made it back and with some help, my son came home for the first time since grad school started. And after giving me a quick hug went straight in to peak at Lil Orchid while she was napping, came out and said I think her hair has gotten longer.(cute huh) So we were able to relieve each other and relax a little better. Lil Orchid helped Uncle N during his break while he was studing for some big test coming up. And during our break we walked around and visited other vendors and saw the alpacha's and the ladies spinning. Mom Mom and Lil Orchid went to the childrens area and drew on plastic which was recycled into shrinky dinks for the kids. And when Uncle N and Lil Orchid walked around a very nice vendor gave her the little polymer clay bird she was holding. And yes she was dressed in a Upcycled shortall that I designed and made her, I also made the matching leg warmers and arm warmers which I will begin selling. She was my little walking advertisment....It is a bonus that she is just so dang adorable! :) It just works when people can see how much cuter they are on, than hanging on a hanger or laying flat in a photograph. At the end of the day everything was packed back in the van and then it was time to pack Uncle N back up again for his drive back to school. It was not pretty another tearful goodbye for Lil Orchid and Uncle N. who says she gives the best hugs ever!

2 comments:

JMCS said...

I love the photos of Lil Orchid. She is so cute!!! I bet having her there increased sales even more. What a sweetie.

Hugs,
Jonni

Shelby said...

It makes me cry to think of her having to say good bye to N. It shows what a loving family you guys have.
I figured she would be a great model for your stuff. She looks cute in all your creations.