March 1, 2010

Been Busy Celebrating Lil Orchid's 4th B-day...



Yesterday, Sunday
was my one & only
grandchilds 4th Birthday.
We celebrated as a family -
with my daughter (her Mom Mom),
and my son drove in from Ohio
for the weekend and the 4 of us
enjoyed the love and serenity
of just being together.

After she opened a few presents and blew out her candles...




Butterflies and Baseballs, yup...that's what she wanted on her Birthday Cake, it was time to once again say Good Bye to my son so he could make the drive back home :(
As the day wound down, and I watched Lil Orchid scamper about, chattering about her birthday weekend and all the fun she had, I had to reflect....
No I didn't watch my daughter through a normal pregnacy...
I did watch her wade thru a ton of paper work, agonize with concern, and yearn for a child.
No I didn't rush to the hospital to watch my daughter deliver.
I did see her face when a stranger brought a photograph and brief description in the mail.
No there was no sterile room in a hospital filled with babies showered with love.
What I did see was a noisy, hot nursery filled with too many babies...
What I did see was my daughter handed a bundle so tiny from a nanny...
What I did see through tears of Joy was the face of MY granddaughter...
What I did see was My Daughter holding Her Daughter!
What I Do See is the Joy, Happiness and Love of our lives!
Happy 4th Birthday, Lil Orchid !!!

2 comments:

JMCS said...

Oh Monica, you are going to make me cry, this is SO sweet! We love your sweet Lil Orchid and hope she had the best birthday ever! She is an absolute blessing and how nice that "Uncle N" could make it too. Love that she wanted butterflies and baseballs on her cake. How cute is that. Hope the CEC party was a blast and we love you guys so much! Happy birthday princess!!!!! XOXOX

Hugs,
Jonni, Sofia & Samantha

Katie said...

so happy to connect with you and see your darling grandbaby! We think of her often and wish you all the best! Happy belated birthday to your "lil' orchid"! so nice to see her beautiful face!