February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday

Sorry we didn't gorge ourselves on food,could barely keep it down.

But, after a miserable day yesterday, President's Day, I am feeling much better. I'm not sure what was wrong but I had a head ache which left me immoveable. I did however, flinch some when a litle girl crawled across my body trying to shimmy herself up to my face to wrap her arms around my neck while whispering "MamMaw I Love You" !(a sweet moment of relief). Or maybe I moved when I felt a faint movement on my mattress as footsteps made their way from the opposite side of the bed, then a small finger poked at my eyelid, raising it up, then giggling at the site and asking "MamMaw are you better inside"? Through my pain, she managed to get a smile from me, much to the same way her mommy and uncle's compassion always gave me strength and a way to feel better:)


If you didn't know, Lunar New Year is a week long celebration(Vietnamese tradition). So Lil Orchid took a book into pre school to share with her friends. I do have to say I love this little dress she is wearing.

Worked hard at sewing some more pillow case dresses and overalls this afternoon.
I also finished an applique my daughter drew and cut out for a sweet orchid pant outfit, Year of the Golden Tiger!! Lil Orchid will wear it this week to celebrate.

No comments: