June 18, 2008

Full Moon & Baseball


Today is Full Moon Day and by the news it will be an incredible Full Moon tonight....hope I remember by tonight so I can try to take photos. Otherwise rather uneventful, except went to a Ball game with my family. My Lil Orchid and I stood our ground down by the field and rooted for the outfielders during the before game practice, while Uncle Nathan got autographs over by the dugout. This has been a experience since he was about nine yrs old we have shared and enjoyed. His first autograph was Lou Brock who was inducted in the Hall of Fame the same year Nathan was born. Yes it is very time consuming but worth the time to spend with your child and see that excitement in their eyes. I still get giddy when I catch their attention and they sign something for me (for him). Last night however was very funny, as Fred Bird (the mascot) rode the little golf cart around the field before the game he was high 5'ing everyone who put their hand out. I sat my Lil Orchid on the edge of the wall and she held out her hand and Fred Bird touched her....She continued to hold that little hand out , finger spread wide and staring at it as though she would never wash her hand again. It was memorable! Sad news..we Lost :(

No comments: