September 5, 2009

August....another Crazy Month!









August..another Crazy Month
I promise not to mention the scary moments when the van brakes went out and how much it cost!
I promise not to mention the clutch going out on the lawn tractor ($400).
I promise not to mention mowing 3 acres with a push mower and weed wacker.
I promise not to mention the A/C going out in the hottest days of summer, and the five fans in my bedroom!
I promise not to mention my Mom's A/C, Well Pump going out or the tree that landed on their tractor after one of nature's summer storms.
I promise not to mention YeYe's upcoming knee replacement.

But I will tell you about how Lil'Orchid
resumed her duties of straightening my thread.








We visited the County Fair for the 1st time sinced we moved here.
A fun night and the 1st time Lil' Orchid rode a Merry-Go-Round.
She also decided to sing in the Jr Talent Competition that was being held that night.
(she is so funny and shy with people but give the girl a microphone and she'll sing her heart out)
After entering her we found out Jr. meant 0-14 yrs old. But she wanted to sing. She placed 4th out of 13 acts, and we were also told she is the youngest participant ever recorded at the County Fair Talent Competition. She had so much fun and was amazed with all the flashing lights from the stands and rides.

We got to see my son for a day when he returned from his intership and returned to Grad School.












We were invited to my niece, Alexandra (Allie)16 th B-Day Party. It was a costume party with the theme Alice in Wonderland's Tea Party. My brother did great with his decorations and I thought I did a fantastic job Saturday working on our costumes for Sunday! If you don't agree, "then OFF With Your Heads".




Lil Orchid was the sweetest Queen of Hearts, mom-mom was a 3 of Hearts while I was the White Rabbit.


"Hey, who painted my roses RED"





He got to come home on another weekend so we all enjoyed another Cardinal Game which included meeting the 2008 winner of the America's Got Talent, Neal Boyd, he's a big Cardinal fan too!











But the most important date in August was August 22, our Forever Family day, 3 years!
We celebrated like we did over there, we ate pizza!








No comments: