June 23, 2009

monday & tuesday Many Thoughts..


Give Me Strength...
yes, that little peanut
is my Lil Orchid helping God's Hands.
Monday, June 22
It has been three years since my daughters LID was received...
3 years waiting for my 2nd Granddaughter...
As most families have found, what started out as a short wait
has turned into what seems like an eternity.....
3 years of dreaming & praying for my "Lil Ladybug".

Tuesday, A Light in the Tunnel
During that wait, I have became a MamMaw
to my beautiful granddaughter, whom I call "Lil Orchid"....
My love for my two children has always been overwhelming,
but, the day I held my 1 st Granddaughter..
a totally different kind of Love bubbled up inside me.
My Lil Orchid is 3 yrs, 3 mos, 4 days old today,
and keeps my smiling, gives me hugs and
makes my life bountiful.
And I Thank You Jesus for such a Blessed Gift.
I LOVE MY LIFE, CHILDREN, GRANDDAUGHTER!

Back to reality...
The Heat was unbearable today, heat index 110 and climbing..
We wanted to get away and celebrate our Life...
and Pray for what is to come....
The Heat , well to explain it, the blacktop road was
sticking to our tires, tar pulling at us like sticky gum,
clumps of asphalt road attached to our wheels,
driving our van clip, clopping down the street...

Finally, we arrived at our destination..

Our Lady of the Snows, National Shrine, Mary, one who looks upon us with a mother's love.
It is known that Devotion to Mary under the title of Our Lady of the Snows is one of the oldest devotions to Mary.

At the Grotto, we lite a candle in prayer, and Lil Orchid sang a couple renditions of "Jesus Loves Me"

After, we continued to another part of the Shrine Grounds
and played (Cooled Off) in the fountains.




A day devoted to Family and Peace.
MamMaw's waiting for you Colby
and you are Always in my Heart!
















1 comment:

Shelby said...

What a nice way to spend the day....