June 5, 2009

fri.,sat.,sun....enjoying myself


Friday turned out to be more work in the yard, so I decided if I'm gonna feel bad in my knee for walking it would not be from just working & walking the 3 acres pulling weeds, trimming the creek or mowing the yard. So we are going somewhere this weekend to have fun away from the house.

Even though I felt sick Sat morn., I rode with my daughter to my granddaughter's (Lil Orchid) first t-ball game. If you all remember we are a baseball family. Go Cards!

She was so cute & serious....and surprized the Coach when she hit and understood alot of the terminology, such as choke up on the bat...it was a great morning watching her have so much fun!






Sunday, we drove to the next town over for some outdoor fun....We are close to the big city across the Mississipi River (ST Louis) but are in a farming County and surrounding IL Counties. Although we have corn & wheat in the area we are really in Horseradish Country. So we went to the big Horseradish Festival, they had food, live entertainment, free crafts and Lil Orchid got to build a birdhouse. We along with Lil Orchid, competed in the horseradish golf contest and the throwing of the horseradish contest. Horseradishes are very dense and rock hard, and I almost killed an onlooker when I threw mine...I'll stick to sewing!





We did enjoy some Horseradish Ice Cream..
it was a little gritty but tasted good!

No comments: