June 26, 2009

Summers Weekend Fun..


Fri nite 6/26 We got reasonable tickets to the STL Cards game and the Busch Bash.

This meant we hoped to get one of only 150 free HOF Ozzie Smith's Autographs....so if you can stand in line, and wait, bite your lip when several someone's in front of you give up's to about 6-7 couples which pushes you further away down the line.

But we made it, I gave all the bags and Lil Orchid stayed with my daughter, while they ck'd bags. But with my determination, and remember I'm Old and have a Bum Knee....I made it in the stadium and made my way through the crowd to get in line. (I was getting the autograph for my son's birthday this week)

Any way seconds before the guy made it to me passing out the special autograph tickets, Heather & Lil Orchid made it to me. Cutting it close...Whoa! We were ticket # 140,141,and 142 !!!! YEAH

We got our special items autograph while snapping as many pictures as possible of Ozzie. Then headed to the SHADE!

SAT. 6/27 Hottest Day of the year and we paid to be part of an outside city wide yard sale.

We just live to far off the beaten path, and too many corn fields to have a sale at home.

How to keep cool....and draw attention! Put Lil Orchid in one of our containers and have the business next door share their water. She splashed and stayed COOL from 6am to 1pm.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Well congrats on meeting Ozzie. That was a very clever idea putting water in the tote. Looks like she had fun...