July 31, 2011

Rockome Gardens









As a special treat driving back from Indiana, we stopped by Amish Country to show Lil Orchid a bit of past. I took my daughter here when she was small, my mother brought me and my siblings here when we were young and I brought both my son and daughter here twice.

She had fun, because she did not know what was missing. We did not realize that the Yoder family sold off their farm and the Gardens to a group of men who wanted it only for the land.

riding "lady Jane"


They removed the teacup but mostly they removed the Fresca Bottle house and soda bottle fence ;( so-o-o-o SAD! No Amish in site, not even people dressed up :(


But we walked around and saw the rock fences and flowers, the fountains, ponds, and waterfalls were gone for now. A new owner bought it this year and wants to restore it back to its glory from what we were told. He has alot to do. But a big thanks to him.


ice cream parlor

1 comment:

JMCS said...

Hey M&H,

Hope you ladies are doing great and Lil Orchid is too. She is just so adorable and I can hardly believe how long her hair is. i love the pics and hope you guys are having a great Summer so far.

Hugs,
Jonni
XOXOXO