March 3, 2009

Growing Up...

My Lil' Orchid went to her first day of Preschool today. She was all smiles and once she saw the Paint eisle, computer and other kids it was see ya later. She is only there for 2 and 1/2 hours but I MISS HER!!


Speaking of growing up, we took a road trip and visited an Aunt and was given some vintage fabric and patterns. YEAH! But we also made a stop by an unusual Statue in Alton, IL. He was born and died there at the young age of 22. But made a big impact for the area. He is called the "Gentle Giant" Robert P Wadlow (famous for being the tallest man 8 ft 11.1 in). My aunt played with him as a young girl. Anyway it is amazing to stop and stand by his life size statue. Lil Orchid was a little scared of it. At age 10 yrs he was 6 ft 6 in.
(my daughter is 5'8, sorry the pics aren't that great it was frigid outside)
Look it up his story is amazing.

2 comments:

JMCS said...

How neat. I remember reading about him years ago. WOW, he was so tall. Lil Orchid is so cute, I love her expression. Hope you guys had fun. :)

Hugs,
Jonni

JMCS said...

How could I forget? Congrats to Lil Orchid on her first day of preschool. I know it had to be so hard for you and your daughter. I am going to be a mess when Sofia goes to preschool. I am so happy to hear that she had such a great time. Just tell her to stop growing now okay? :)

Hugs,
Jonni